Tuesday, July 3, 2012
"Later that day I got to thinking about relationships. There are those that open you up to something new and exotic, those that are old and familiar, those that bring up lots of questions, those that bring you somewhere unexpected, those that bring you far from where you started, and those that bring you back. But the most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous."
A couple weeks ago I received and email from a person who asked why I am single? I had to back track and think for a second. Here is a story only three people know and I am only going to tell this story once and I'm gonna make is short. A couple years ago I was in a horrible relationship, it was abusive mentally and sometimes physically, I think I was too busy trying to make things perfect and trying to be optimistic on something that was never going to work out. It was my first relationship, I thought I was going to be in this relationship for the rest of my life. Things ended horribly in the end, I was cheated on and I still to this day remember the heart ache that I felt however it felt like a heart attack. I was later being attack through phone calls and texts, I had to even change my phone number!
I changed a lot after all this happened, actually I changed a lot while I was in my relationship. For years I blamed myself, I thought that if this person did not love me then no one would ever love me. I seriously would look in the mirror every day and pick myself to little pieces. So three years later, I am here today single and trying to get back to myself again. Back to the point I know why I am single, and don't get me wrong but I have been trying! One word comes to mind: ACCEPTANCE yes I feel like people these days want us to act this way, look this way, and be so much more then we are not. I believe that if you are worthy of my love you should accept me for everything I am, and I should accept you for everything you are. Patients is truly a virtue, because when it comes to love it demands us to be patient. So I will be here kissing many frogs until I find my prince charming, wish me luck! haha
Monday, July 2, 2012
Hello my dear friends! I hope your days are treating you well, I apologize for being MIA for a second . I have Important news....are you ready? I AM MOVING! It is time for me to grow up and suck it up. I am leaving the small town to go to the East Coast, what better place to go to right? I am going to be surrounded by art and fabulous people. I love the East Coast you can find a little bit of each part of the world there! But I am mostly going there for the fabulous fashion and art. I might even take some acting classes, but I don't want to get too ahead of myself. So I am packing like a crazy person and I have only achieved 20% of my packing.
I have to confess it has been hard packing because I am throwing away things that remind me of my younger days, it feel like I am throwing away memories, everything is going so fast. I am a small town girl trying to get to the city, and now I am actually going to the BIG CITY! I feel panic and anxiety; and suddenly I have to remind myself why I am doing this. We all have to grow up and face the music one day, and my day has come.
I have to remind myself that, I have to put these "memories" and pack them up in boxes. My memories will be a part of who I am, and just because I packed them up doesn't mean I have to forget them. Isn't this what life is supposed to be about? Making memories, laughing, crying, loving, feeling, and living. So East Coast let's make some memories, make me laugh, make me cry, make me love, make me feel, make me live, and allow me to dance to the beat of my own song! Because I love you East Coast, I really do love you!
There will be so many more exciting blogs to come!
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Hello beautiful people!
Today I will be talking about my favorite all time products! I would love to hear from you as well please put a comment below and tell me what you love, and keep it nice! I will be starting from the left product:
Aveda Color Conserve: It is a daily color protecter, it is an all day leave in treatment. Put a coin size amount onto your hands and rub it through damp hair (75% dry hair), then you style as desired. I love this because it helps lock in the color of my hair and helps keep it in an extra 2 weeks! You can find this product at www.aveda.com
Big Sexy Hair: It is a finishing spray, this should not be used as hairspray. For best results flip your hair over and spray like a crazy person. As a person who has oily hair my hair lacks a lot of volume, I get instant volume for hours! Use this after your style your hair. This product can be found at www.sexyhair.com
Pacifica Indian Coconut Nectar: This lotion is a body butter, I love that it not only smell amazing but it keeps my skin moisturized! I love the smell of coconut, I am a sucker for it! you can buy it at www.sephora.com
Two faced amazing face foundation: My tone is under vanilla/céme, I love this powder it makes my foundation stay all day and makes it flawless. www.sephora.com
Coco Chanel Mademoiselle: I love this sophisticated perfume, it is my all time favorite! I have worn it for 6 years and I refuse to change it. www.sephora.com
I hoped you liked my favorite things I didn't list them all but feel free to ask. Tell me about your favorite things girls and guys! tell me what products you most like to see on a girl or guy!
Thursday, November 3, 2011
Just in case on one told you today: YOUR AMAZING! I hope you are doing well in this lovely Thursday afternoon. I am sitting here drinking some hot cocoa and listening to some Billie Holiday, I have to say that I love this cold season the leaves turn into beautiful colors of yellow and orange, and I love that I get to wear cuter clothes and my scarfs. But this cold weather makes me feel a little lonely :( do you feel lonely during the winter? I had a huge panic attack the other evening, and I was a huge mess tears and all that bad stuff. I realized that I have been an ungrateful bitch lately, and that I have to realize that I have a life that is planned out for me in a certain way. I had a horrible past couple of years I am still an emotional train wreck from what happened, but I need and must move forward. I have a problem I hold on to grudges for too long, and how could I ever expect to move on with hate still in my heart? it is not possible. I wanted revenge and that is not how one should live life, trying to get revenge for something is the biggest mistake ever. I want to make a list of 10 things I am grateful for, so here is my list:
1. I am thankful for my family: my small beautiful family who love me so much, and I drive them crazy! I am lucky to have people who love me.
2 I am thankful to have had an education: I was given the chance to follow my dreams, and I am so thankful for that opportunity not everyone has an education, or even a pencil to write with.
3. I am thankful for my friends: My lovely beautiful friends who care for me so much and have been with me through thick and thin.
4. I am thankful for being talented: at what I do, and I love it . I love that I get to make people feel beautiful, and to meet them this is why I do what I do because I want to make people smile.
5. I am thankful for having a house: yes my cozy little house that I love with a warm bed.
6. I am thankful that I have clean water: to drink not a lot of people have what I have.
7. I am thankful for the people I have met: all the people the bad for making me strong, the good for giving me strength, to the dead for being a part of my life, and who are alive I love you for sticking with me.
8. I am thankful for my momma: I know I already said family but this woman deserve everything in life. She cried when I cried, helped me walk when I couldn't walk, she gave me life, raised me, and taught me how to be a woman.
9. I am thankful for loving: I am thankful that I have loved so much in this life.
10. I am thankful for my LIFE: I am so happy I get to live in this world that is completely crazy but I love every minute of it. The good times and the bad time, I LOVE YOU LIFE.
We have to be thankful for everything we have in this life. We were given this life for a purpose and we can't screw it up, and we have to be strong and not give in to the negativity in this world. I life is so beautiful from the leaves on the trees to the stars in the night sky. Love with all your heart, do what you love, and love yourself.
photos from: cherrybam
Monday, October 31, 2011
Whenever I feel a little down here are some of the things I think about or do to make me feel better, and I hope they make you feel better too!!
1. Smile: it's your best accessory, smiling can make you feel and look younger.
2. Think Positive: I know we all have crummy days, but after every rain storm there is a rainbow. The more we think positive the less miserable we feel in life, one positive thought can change your whole mood.
3. Believe: In yourself that is, if you believe in yourself anything is possible. When people say negative things they want you to believe that your not good enough, and if you believe all the negative comments people say then that is a HUGE mistake.
4. Give: To the world or community we live in. Giving to people makes me feel great! I donate food, clothing, and blankets to the homeless shelter. We have to help each other out during these hard economic times.
5. Stay healthy: Eating right and drinking water daily, helps your skin glow and also helps stop breakouts! Not only will you be healthy, you will have beautiful skin. I am trying to eat more healthy and I cut out juices and sodas from my diet and I have had no breakouts! It's not easy but I cut lemon or put mint leaves in my water to make it tasty.
6. Breath: take a break from all your daily stress, and just breath. Do something you love, and you will feel better about yourself. Take a little time off from your busy schedule.
Beauty is not all about the clothes we wear or the make-up we put on. Beauty is about the things we do, how we feel inside, and how we make others feel about themselves. I have come a long way from where I used to be, and I want to share my journey with you.
Stay tuned for more blog postings follow me on...
Hugs & Kisses,
Photo courtesy of: cherrybam.